Self-storage provides people with a free access and flexible lease term service by renting out space. Nearly one in ten households in the U.S. uses self-storage services, and good locations are even in short supply. From 2009 to 2018, the average annual ROI for self-storage was 16.9%, a figure higher than the rate of return for office, industrial, retail or condos. In China, since 2015, the self-storage industry has entered a period of rapid development with an average annual compound growth rate of 60%. It is reported that, as of the end of 2017, there were about 60 self-storage enterprises in China, and more than 1,000 self-storage facilities.
Self-storage buildings have the features of low development cost, low operating cost, fast construction speed. Majority of them are built mainly by cold-formed steel members and components. This webinar will introduce market status and basic building structure composition of self-storage in the United States from the perspective of civil and structural engineers.
Topic：Introduction of Self-Storage Structures in the United States
Speaker：WANG Hongyu P.E.&S.E. (HW Engineering founder), LAN Xing P.E.（Project engineer）
China Beijing 2022-04-28 Thursday 9:00-10:00
USA 2022-04-27 Wednesday (20:00-21:00 Central time) (18:00-19:00 Pacific time)
Platform: Voov meeting
Meeting Code：899 502 585
- Introduction of fast growing and low cost self-storage commercial real estate in the United States
- Types of self-storage developers
- Types of self-storage structures (wood structure, cold-formed steel structure and mixed-use structure)
- Introduction of vertical load-carrying members
- Introduction of lateral force resisting systems
- Manufacturers of cold-formed steel members and accessories.
Welcome everyone to join!
1. Overview of the Solar Decathlon (SD)
2. Introduce the prefabricated buildings in the Solar Decathlon China (SDC)
3. Explore the value of low-rise prefabricated buildings from SD in China
The “Solar Decathlon Competition” is a construction and renewable energy technology competition for universities around the world. It aims to explore the use of new energy in buildings and promote the combination of building energy saving and new technologies. This meeting will introduce the SD and building works in the competition, and explore the development direction of low-rise prefabricated buildings in China.
Welcome everyone to join!
Dahezhongbang Intelligent Technology Co.Ltd.,vice chairman company of ACSFA, launched unmanned factory PEB 1.0
Topic：Introduction of Self-Storage Buildings in the United States
Speaker：LAN Xing （Project engineer）
China Beijing 2021-10-29 Friday 9:00-10:00
USA 2021-10-28 Thursday
(20:00-21:00 Central time)
(18:00-19:00 Pacific time)
Platform : Voov meeting
Meeting Code：290 984 867
- The market and the status of self-storage in the United States
- Self-storage types
- Operational characteristics of self-storage
- Cold-formed steel load-bearing wall and shear wall structure, and its construction process
From the perspective of a structural engineer，the current status，types，design and construction of self-storage in the united states，as well as some interesting anecdotes，will be shared on this meeting.
Welcome everyone to join!
ACSFA Held a Questions and Answers Activity of Joining Association
On July 14, 2021 (Wednesday) at 10:00 am, ACSFA held a questions and answers activity of joining association in enterprise technology forum of 2021 Shanghai Green Building Expo. Representatives of ACSFA participating in this forum are Yongkang He, Vice President of the ACSFA, Executive Director Yixiao Liu, and Director Binhua Hong, and other participating members. The member companies of ACSFA participating in this activity include Dahezhongbang Intelligent Technology Co., Ltd., ScrewIn(china) Industrial Ltd., Maibafu Building Materials Co., Ltd., Hangzhou Mole Building Materials Co., Ltd. Executive director Yixiao Liu hosted the Q&A activity on behalf of the ACSFA, and conducted a presentation and promotion of the association.
1) Questions and answers activity of ACSFA and work summary of House-Building Show in Guangzhou. The Q&A include the Introduction to the development history and organizational structure of ACSFA, the original intention and purpose of the establishment of ACSFA, the business scope of ACFSA, conditions and methods for joining ACFSA, and ACFSA membership fee collection standards and payment methods
2) Lei Zhou from Shanghai Vantell Industry Development Co., Ltd. introduced the application of moisture management system in low-energy multi-story steel (wood) structure buildings.
3) Binhua Hong from Maibafu Building Materials Co., Ltd. introduced the product of asphalt shingle.
4) Yongkang He from Dahezhongbang Intelligent Technology Co., Ltd. gave a detailed introduction to Dahe speed construction system.
This activity not only gave everyone a deeper understanding of the nature, composition, and business of ACFSA, but also provided product promotion for members of ACFSA. Meantime, the activity laid a good foundation for the ACFSA to attract more members.
On April 30, the ACSFA Chair online sharing meeting was successfully held by America-China Steel Farming Association (ACSFA). Three undergraduates from the Department of Mechanical Engineering of the University of Mississippi were invited to share the design of the ACSFA Chair. President Cheng Yu, vice-president Yongkang He, all members of the association, and members of the secretariat of ACSFA attended the meeting.
During the sharing meeting, the three designers introduced a patio chair designed with cold-formed steel and shared market research of leisure chair, material performance parameters, and design concepts, size and safety factor settings, mechanical properties analysis of ACSFA Chair. They expressed their team hopes that this chair will allow ACSFA to display cold-formed steel to the public in a more intuitive way at exhibitions or other forms of activities.
Participants conducted in-depth exchanges and discussions with the three designers on the strength of the chair material, the cross-sectional shape and size of the stressed member, the structure of the connection node, the finite element analysis of chair model and mechanical performance, etc.
The sharing meeting gave participants not only a preliminary understanding of the design of chairs, but also a new understanding of the wide range of use of cold-formed steel. At the same time, the sharing meeting also provided a certain degree of design basics for expansion the application market of cold-formed steel.
ACSFA is hosting ICC-ES Certification Conference now. Visitors could watch our streaming live by scanning QR code or click the link below:
ACSFA President, Cheng Yu, Ph.D., P.E. is invited to make a presentation at AISI (American Iron and Steel Institute) Online Research Session on July 1, 2020, 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM EDT. Dr. Yu’s presentation is about new design methods on the clip angle connectors in cold-formed steel framing construction. The new methods are based on Dr. Yu’s previous work and provided more comprehensive solutions for a common connection with seemingly little attention given to it. Dr. Yu’s previous work were published as AISI Research Reports in 2015 and 2018.
Projects to be reported at the AISI Online Research Session:
- CFS Clip Angles with Multiple Lines of Screws (UNT) by Cheng Yu
- Steel Stud Assemblies Bearing on Conc. Slabs Phase 2 (UM-A) by Kara Peterman
- CFS Design using Discrete and Sheathing Bracing (JHU) by Ben Schafer
As of March 31 Tuesday evening, at least 188,713 people across every state, plus Washington, D.C., and four U.S. territories, have tested positive for the coronavirus. At least 3,896 patients infected with the virus have died. Especially, there are 7,477 patients tested positive in California state.
The doctors and nurses at the Irvine Medical Center of the University of California have been working around the clock to help save thousands of patients. In addition, knowing that the UCI Medical Center urgently needed sanitary protection supplies during this epidemic, the America-China Steel Framing Association was able to raise must-needed surgical face masks, these items were sent by the General Secretary Sally YL Lee to the school’s designated donation point on March 31st, 2020.
On behalf of the ACSFA, we hope patients will get better soon and people around the world will stay healthy and safe and overcome this challenging period.
“Thank you all the medical workers on the front line of this war to save lives and support for your well-being!” This is the love and respect from the American-Chinese Steel Framing Association (ACSFA.ORG)!